Using iMovie to Edit a Brief Video
Guest Instructor: Nico Carver, Coordinator, Student Multimedia Design Center
- Crop a video clip
- Splice two video clips together
- Create a separate audio track
- Create titles and credits
- Search for videos and images using Creative Commons
- Mon, 3/13, class: Be ready to talk about how danah boyd develops her argument (or struggles to do so) over the course of It’s Complicated. I’ll be particularly interested to hear your thoughts on her last two chapters (on “literacy” and “public”).
- Wed, 3/15, and Fri, 3/17: No class! (I will be attending a conference.)
- Fri, 3/17, 4:00 pm: Post a link to your Concept in 60 to this site.
Fastwrite: Review our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts. Identify one that interests you.
Carr, The Shallows, Part II
Fastwrite: Find a passage in the second half of The Shallows where Carr says something new—where he adds to, extends, develops, or qualifies his argument in the first half of the book.
The Ethics of Reposting Images Online
- Thurs, 2/23, 10:00 am: Post your second response to Carr to this site.
- Fri, 2/24, class: Read and post comments on the pieces written by your group members.
- Mon, 2/27, class: Read pp. 1–99 of danah boyd’s It’s Complicated. Think of this book as, in some ways, a response to writers like Carr. What stands out for you?