Responding to Carr
Take a minute or two to read the comments on your post. Then spend a few more minutes writing a comment in response to those comments.
Begin by reading each of your posts aloud, so that they are fresh in everyone’s mind. (I don’t think this will take more than ten minutes.) Then please complete these two tasks:
- Select one response to present to the class as a whole on Monday. Please select a post that you feel (a) has something interesting to say about Carr, and (b) says it in an interesting way. I’ll ask you in our next class to briefly point to what you think we can learn as digital writers from this post.
- Develop a list of tips for making effective use of hyperlinks. Try to come up with at least three bits of advice. Email your list to me.
- Fri, 2/17, 11:59 pm: Make sure you’ve made least two posts to our media feeds.
- Mon, 2/20, class: Read as much of Carr as you can. Also read Fenton and Lee to p.9. Think about how you might use their advice in your writing for this course.
- Wed, 2/22, class: Finish Carr. Take an image related to The Shallows and/or this class and post it to our Instagram feed.