Questions About Responses, Using Audio
danah boyd, It’s Complicated
In groups: Quickly develop a précis of the chapter you’ve been assigned. Be able to identify the following keywords and concepts.
- Identity: invisible audiences, identity performance, impression management
- Privacy: persistence of content, steganography, surveillance
- Addiction: limited freedom, sociality, agency
I’ll ask you to compare notes with the class as a whole.
- Thurs, 3/02, 10:00 am: Post your first response to boyd.
- Fri, 3/03, class: Read and post comments on the pieces written by your group members. Please also read Chapter 2, pp. 11–25, of Fenton and Lee.
- Mon, 3/06, class: Finish reading It’s Complicated.
- Wed, 3/08, and Fri, 3/10: We will hold class in Room B of the Student Multimedia Resource Center in the basement of Morris Library.